Saturday, April 4, 2009

Mom Knows Best


If only mom listened to her own advice!!! Never use a knife to open things, that's what scissors are for.
I thought it was a pretty good cut, not only was there blood, but my stomach was quesy. Ten minutes later it was still bleeding so I showed it to Steve. His reaction confirmed my suspision - 'wow, that's pretty deep'. He put a bandaid on it and wrapped it in hockey tape. The blood spurted out of the tape. Steve assured me that it would take several days for me to bleed to death and that I should 'suck it up'. Spoken like a true hockey player.
So, I went down the street to the Capretta's for a second opinion. Phil (the ex NICU nurse) agreed with Steve, but did clean it out and suggested that I wrap it up good.
Steve was right, yet again, I did not need stitches and it has stopped bleeding.
Next time I will listen to my own advice.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Oh, no! How will you type lunch info in next week?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hurt just reading about it and it looks like it's in a not easy to heal spot...
    I had 3 yoga breakthroughs yesterday due to things Mike dreamed up this week to loosen the area!

    ReplyDelete