Sunday, March 11, 2012

Bread in 5 Minutes a Day?

Could it be possible to make bread every day with little work?  After reading Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day  I decided to give it a try. The first day takes about 15 minutes of 'work' and then 2 hours of waiting. I mixed the ingredients and put them in this container.



Two hours later the dough had risen and was then put in the refrigerator to be used later.


The next day I pulled off a hunk of dough, shaped it, let it rest and then baked it.

Not sure that a whole 5 minutes was spent actively involved with bread making on baking day.
Am very sure that the bread was yummy.

The lessons learned were:
dust with less flour
use hot water for steam
close the oven faster
and
given the opportunity CJ would eat bread for every meal.

1 comment:

  1. I 'm blown away by this post. I am sitting here amazed. Way to go , Mair! And by the way-I'm w CJ on this one.

    ReplyDelete