Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Concert for Free


A couple weeks back I received an email that had good/bad news. The bad wasn't bad and the good was fun!
The bad news was that I did not win front row tickets to the Billy Joel and Elton John concert. The good news was that they were giving me 2 tickets for FREE. All I had to do was go get them. So off to Nationwide Arena we went with email in hand. I turned in the email and the ticket lady gave me two tickets. We checked the seating chart and found that the seats were directly behind the stage but, what do you want for free!
Steve's reaction to all of this was 'who are you going to take?' Which is how CJ ended up as my date. His first concert and my first time seeing either performer, was quite an experience. The seats were great, we were so close that we could see their fingers playing the pianos! The did a set of their songs together, sharing the lyrics and then they each did a set with their band and then back together again for the finale. We didn't make it to the finale, it was getting late and CJ had had enough. He was a real trooper, not knowing either performer and not really liking loud music!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Sounded like a great concert from the article in The Dispatch. I was telling Jason the lifeguard about it. He'd like to see them if they come to this area.
    He's completely amazed by CJ's Butterfly achievement. So am I.

    ReplyDelete