Monday, December 5, 2011

Homemade Breakfast



It all started with the granola. Many of you have tasted it and declared it 'the best granola ever'. I think so to but it is nice to hear it from others.
Then, I came to be the owner of a big tub of cherries. So I made cherry butter. Don't know if it really classifies as a butter but it certainly isn't jelly or jam. What it is is yummy.
Then I ran across a recipe for crock pot yogurt and decided to give it a try. The first batch was yummy although a little thin. The second batch I picked up organic milk and didn't notice that it was ultra-pasteurized, it was okay but not quite right. For the third batch I strained off the whey. After the straining I had on jar of whey and one jar of yogurt. The yogurt still wasn't a thick as in the store but it is yummy. I feel guilty about straining off all that whey just to get a thicker consistency so for now I have been drinking a little bit of it each morning just before eating my homemade breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. I used to feel the same about the whey when I made yogurt cheese.

    ReplyDelete