Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hot and Dry

Like many other areas of the country this summer has been hot. We have had more days above 90 than below. Occasionally the weather forecast includes a cool front that may move in next week, only it either doesn't make it here or it just means that the highs will be under 90. It has also been very dry. Yes we had that nasty storm at the end of June. We also had a downpour this past weekend but other than that it has been dry.
This is a picture of our front lawn. Doesn't look too bad does it? The last time it was cut was June 9th, that really says how dry it is.



This is the latest weather radar.  Looks can be deceiving. The storm is moving south and barely east. And, just like yesterday I can hear the thunder but I think it is going to miss us. Just in case though, all electronics are charging and the laundry is just about done!


1 comment:

  1. The rain went around us too last night. Hopefully it gets here today, tomorrow & Saturday. Well I can dream can't I... I took my summer of 12 pic yesterday when it reached 90 by 10 AM. It's of the cat thermometer in front of the Japanese grass. The pic also signifies my most common "activity" this summer-sitting by the kitchen door looking at the garden...

    ReplyDelete