Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Philly Visit

On my way to meet Anoushka I made a stop in Roxborough for a cheesesteak and a visit with PopPop and Furball.


Look at that yummy, delicious, tummy filling steak.

Furball was very patient while I snapped the perfect picture.

On Tuesday I drove down to the airport to pick up Claire. She was flying to Albany to see her cousins and missed the connecting flight. We filled her time in Philly with:
A Philly cheesesteak - the other half of the one above.
A visit to Society Hill - Delancy St. where the pic was taken.
And time holding Anoushka - Claire loves babies.
 
 Eleanor was so excited to have a third person to take a picture of us.
Later in the day Dan took Claire back to the airport and she was on her way to NY.

Dan and Rufus relaxing.

One night Swati and I went out to a restaurant on the Delaware to have dinner. It was yummy, I had corn & crab fritters and Swati had a tomato, avocado salad. On our way out we stopped for ice cream. I had Birch Beer Vanilla and it was amazingly good. It tasted just like a birch beer float. Good thing we walked to dinner since the ice cream was not low calorie. It was however was worth every stinkin' calorie it contained!
On Thursday, Swati and I ventured out with Anoushka. We were on a mission to send me home with some of my favorite foods. At Dellasandro's I got 3 travel cheesesteaks as a surprise for the boys. The ACME had everything else - birch beer, peanut chews and TastyKakes. Thanks Swati!

1 comment: