Monday, May 23, 2011

A Glorius Weekend

Friday was glorious, blue skies, fluffy clouds and that beautiful glowing orb, the sun!!!
When CJ's cello teacher called to say his lesson was cancelled I was thrilled to be able to go home and sit on the porch with the sun on my face.
 

This is the porch.This is where you can find me when the weather is nice. Come visit, my neighbors and I like to see just how many people and dogs we can fit on the porch!


I did spend a bit of time just off the porch this weekend. I moved about 10 feed into the front yard. The yard is was once again covered in Bradford pear seedlings so I spent a lot of time pulling up baby Bradford pears. At one point my neighbor Amy was sitting on the front lawn helping me weed the lawn. I love my neighbors!

After hockey on Sunday Steve pulled out the chipper and discovered that it hadn't fared this winter as well as other winters. Maybe it was the horrendously wet spring that did it in and not the winter.

Here he is working on it with a little help from a friend.

Sunday evening while visiting with friends it started to rain. Thankfully it was a warm summer evening with a nice quiet rainstorm and we were able to stay on the porch and enjoy the sounds and smells of summer rain.
We even got to enjoy a beautiful rainbow, with our neighbor's house being the pot of gold at the end!

More rain is in the forecast for the coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment