Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Very Wet Spring

A wet spring is nothing unusual for Central Ohio. Usually we cut the grass twice a week until the end of May. This year it is hard to find a day that is dry enough to cut the grass. Not only that except for last week the temperatures have not been warm.

One local weatherman says this is the wettest and coolest spring he has had in all his years of forecasting in Columbus. He tells us that we will have about 1.5 days of sun each week for the next 3 weeks. Makes me really thankful that I spent so much time outside last week!

Unfortunately for CJ and the rest of the 7th grade it is raining today and the temps will be in the 40's most of the day. Today is their science field trip to the zoo.

The rain will eventually stop and the sun will come out again, but until then forgive me if when I am cranky as I miss the sun very much!

1 comment:

  1. Well said, Mair. As I write this I listen to the rain and the wind. I'm still in my long nighty and long sleeved robe. I am in the room which gets the most light. But I need the lamp beside the little futon on. So the sun is supposed to come out on Sunday- big deal. Sometimes I think about the pool which is probably open by now. If this keeps up we'll need wetsuits on to keep warm. I am beyond cranky.

    ReplyDelete