Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cherry Butter

More than a year ago I was given a jar of cherry butter. My neighbor had brought it back from the Traverse City area of Michigan. That area is famous for its cherries (and beautiful lakes and beaches).

Now, I am not a jelly or apple butter person so I was a little skeptical at first. As I thought about trying the cherry butter I remembered a visit from the neighbor's son when he was no more than 4 years old. He wandered over with this bucket of dried cherries, grown in Michigan, and insisted that I try some. They were very tasty. With that in mind I opened the jar and dipped in a spoon. It took just one taste and I was hooked forever. Each morning I spooned some into my vanilla yogurt and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast. 
Since then I have been looking around town for cherry butter and had no luck until this past weekend. (yes I could have ordered a case online but thought that might be too much) While standing in line at Katzingers, I found a whole shelf of cherry butter. The consistency of this jar is a little different from the other brand but the taste is just as good. My vanilla yogurt is now cherry yogurt and I am a very happy person!


1 comment:

  1. I never heard of cherry butter. It sounds so good. I will be on the lookout for it. This deli sounds like a really unusual place.

    ReplyDelete