Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Summer Tradition

One Saturday morning each summer we head downtown to watch cartoons. Cartoon Capers is part of the summer movie series at the Ohio Theater.  Bugs, Daffy, Tweety and Elmer Fudd are always on the screen, this year we saw Superman and Popeye too. Bugs Bunny is Steve's favorite, he likes the history lesson and Bugs' wisdom. Tom & Jerry is my favorite, I like that the bully always gets beat up. CJ's favorite is probably Bugs as well but he's still sleeping so I can't ask him just now.


After the show we went to Katzinger's Deli for lunch. This year we arrived just before the line wound around and out the door. CJ had the #66, grilled turkey, bacon and swiss on rye, Steve had corned beef hash and eggs over easy and I had the #42, a BLT on rye with just a touch of mayo. We all thought we ordered the best thing on the menu. CJ didn't finish his sandwich because he had snacked on bread samples while waiting in line. They make the most delicious bread both for use in the sandwiches and for purchase. We opted against bringing home a loaf, mostly because we were so full and partly because it gives us an excuse to visit again!

1 comment:

  1. I am seriously lacking in cartoon experience. I suspect my favorite would be the same as yours because it's one of the aspects of SF which I like.

    The deli sounds fabulous. I would go crasy making a choice. It would take me forever. Steve's choice sounds really intriguing.

    ReplyDelete